Troubleshooting a Current Wireless Network
Wireless local area networks have become a necessity rather than a luxury, and many companies find their wireless networks lack the ability to support the most demanding mobile devices, either due to aging hardware or sub-optimal design. Others may have simply inherited an older WLAN from a previous organization or recently hired a new IT manager. Either way, a Wireless Audit is a useful source of information.
Wireless Audits can provide answers to questions like:
- What hardware do I actually have?
- What is not working?
- Where are my coverage “holes” and how do I eliminate them?
- Will my WLAN support a specific application or device?
Versona Systems will address these questions by performing a thorough analysis with the latest in wireless tools. Generally, a Versona Systems Wireless Audit will include these services:
- Spectrum Analysis
- Passive Survey Sweep to Identify all Infrastructure and Client Devices
- Locations of Rogue Devices, Upon Request
- Active Survey to Authenticate Access Points, Test Functionality, and Map Coverage Cells
- Evaluation of Physical State of each Wireless Access Point and Antenna
- Capture of Device Specific Information
Upon completion of the audit, we will compile a report which details all of the above data, and deliver that information to the customer. If deficiencies exist, Versona Systems can perform a survey to correct problems.
If you’d like to know more about Versona Systems capabilities in wireless networks, please contact 713-654-8200 or Sales@VersonaSystems.com.