Mobile Application Deployment and Support
By now, you probably know that Microsoft is ending support for its Windows CE, Pocket PC, and Windows Mobile 6.x operating systems in the next few years. Approximately 80% of all industrial mobile computers are currently using one of these operating systems, and many of them support mission critical applications. Since it doesn’t appear that Windows 10 Mobile will contain backward compatibility for applications running on these older operating systems, they will require some level of rewrite. Some of these rewrites are likely to be quite extensive. Given these facts, this may be an ideal time to establish (or update) your strategic plan for mobile computing.
What platform should I incorporate into my plan? Android, IOS, Windows 10 Mobile, or maybe mixtures of these?
How can I protect myself from obsolescence as advancements in technology keep marching forward? Should I consider cross-platform development tools?
What’s the difference between Consumer Grade and Enterprise Grade and should I care?
Versona Systems has been helping its clients to answer questions like these for several years now. We provide many services to companies looking to implement long-term mobile computing solutions including:
- Mobile Computing Current-State Audit: We evaluate the hardware, software, and network technologies currently in use.
- Vendor Technology Days: Since we partner with all of the top industrial mobile computer vendors (Honeywell/Intermec, Zebra/Motorola, Datalogic, etc.), we can periodically schedule private meetings for you to have them update you on their product offerings and strategies.
- Mobile Computing Plan: Starting with your current-state mobile environment, we can work with you to develop a multi-year plan aimed at preserving as much of your current investment as possible while simultaneously providing you with the flexibility to incorporate new mobile technologies should they prove warranted for your environment.
- Application Migration: We have an experienced staff of developers that can either provide assistance to your organization or completely migrate your application(s) in a “turn-key” fashion. Our developers have experience with cross-platform Mobile IDE’s like: Xamarin and MobileFrame and Microsoft targeted environments using Visual Studio.
- New Equipment Procurement and Commissioning: At your discretion, we can manage the procurement, staging, and deployment of all new mobile devices used in your environment.
If you’d like to know more about Versona Systems capabilities in Mobile Application OS and Platform Migration, please contact 713-654-8200 or Sales@VersonaSystems.com.